Windows installation & Additional Services
R&K Windows provides the following services:
- Jobsite or In-home Visit- Whether you are a homeowner or a contractor – let our sales people meet at your place of convenience.
- Plan pick up or delivery- Our sales staff is eager to bid your job – so picking up a set of plans and putting together a materials list and bid is just a phone call away.
- Estimating- R&K prides itself in providing a thorough materials take off from your set of plans or drawings
- Showroom- Stop by our showcase showroom for hands on operation of full size displays. Complete with color samples and hardware options of the products you want before you place your order.
- Mulling- R&K has been factory trained and certified for mulling windows, transoms over units, door frame set ups and more. (Mulling is the vertical or horizontal joining between single window or door units in a multiple window or door unit combination—over / under, side by side).
- Delivery- Picking up your products at R&K has never been a challenge with our large warehouse facility and staging area. But should you find yourself in need of delivery, R&K has box trucks with lift gates that make receiving your product at the location you want and the time you need it possible.
- Service & Repair- Some windows during construction and normal wear and tear need to be adjusted. R&K is certified by our manufacturers to do any such service or repair.
- Installation- R&K Window installs! Save yourself the hassle of trying to install your windows by yourself or trying to find a reputable installer who will be around to stand behind the workmanship. Let R&K’s experienced, AAMA trained and certified “Installation Masters” do the job for you. Below is an explanation of our installation processes:
- Retrofit/Replacement Window & Patio Door Installation:
- Bring us the rough measurements of the windows you are replacing (or we can come to you)
- Based on the rough measurements, we will provide a quote with a ball park price for the product and installation.
- Once the bid is accepted, we send our installation expert out to your home to obtain actual measurements and to discuss fit and finish.
- We can then adjust the quote according to product choice, measurements, or complexity of install.
- After the measurement and product choice have been confirmed, we'll order the windows and schedule the installation.
- Once the windows arrive and on the scheduled install date, we'll come do the installation..
- Extra care is taken when preparing for the install. Tarps and plastic sheathing are used to cover up furniture, landscaping and flooring to ensure that there is no damage to personal property.
- After the windows have been installed, we insulate and caulk as needed to maximize energy efficiencies.
- If you have contracted with us to do so, we will then perform any stucco repair, drywall repair, wood trim, etc.
- And of course, a job is never done unless we have cleaned up and hauled away the old windows.
- New Construction/Addition Window & Patio Door Installation:
- Bring us the plans or we can pick them up, download them, etc.
- Based off the plans, we will provide a quote with a ball park price for the product and installation.
- Once the bid is accepted, we'll come walk the jobsite to inspect and confirm rough openings sizes
- After the measurement and product choice have been confirmed, we'll order your windows and schedule the installation.
- Once your windows arrive and on the scheduled install date, we'll come install them making sure the opening is properly flashed and the windows are plumb, square, shimmed and secured.
- And of course, a job is never done unless we have cleaned up.